Fall is here…. but is your skin ready?
Your wardrobe is not the only thing you need to change with the seasons. Your summer skincare routine may not be hydrating enough for fall and winter. The drop in humidity and colder weather can leave skin looking dull, dry, and even prone to acne breakouts.
So what can you do to keep your skin looking fabulous this fall?
Here are my top fall skincare suggestions:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water, use a humidifier, apply your body lotion to damp skin, and avoid long hot showers.
- Skip alcohol-based products. These products can be great in the summer for oily skin but are too drying in the fall.
- Choose a thicker moisturizer or try a face oil.
- Avoid over-exfoliating, which can cause dry skin and even premature aging!
- Don’t ditch the sunscreen. Sunscreen is the beauty product that never goes out of style. Skin cancer prevention is a year-long job, so make sure to use sunscreen daily.
- See your naturopathic doctor for an individualized treatment protocol to keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful during the colder months.
Dr. Christina Lukasko is a naturopathic doctor practicing at Pure Health Centre on Wednesdays and Fridays. She has a clinical focus on skin conditions, autoimmune diseases, and hormonal imbalances.